I am moving into a new construction and rather than the flat wall that’s there + a headboard I wanted to explore building this box that appears to extend out of the wall. Would it be wood or drywall? If it’s wood can it be seamless as drywall would?

Any suggestions for the best way to build this would be greatly appreciated.

I reached out to a few local handymen on kijiji and the ideas prices and attitudes vary wildly.




Update. I believe it’s called a “bump out”



View Reddit by MGCanadaView Source